Project Manager 3-11936
Our client is implementing technology that will integrate public safety data, by providing bi-directional computer aided dispatch (CAD) interoperability across municipalities. We are seeking a Project Manager with considerable, successful experience in adapting and implementing a complex IT system. The candidate must possess multitude of leadership, planning, organizing, communications, and analytical skill sets needed to effectively lead such a complex project.
- Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts daily, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
- Has responsibility for multiple large, complex projects with greater impact to the enterprise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum is required.
- Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing projects.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions.