Project Manager 3-11333
The demands of IT modernization has created a need for an applications development project manager with Agile development methodology experience. Candidate will be responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts.
- Responsible for directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the scope, budget, risk and resources of the work effort being managed.
- Assists Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of medium to high complexity.
- Typically has 10 to 12 years of IT work experience, including 4 or more years managing complex application development projects using Agile methodologies.
- Proficient in project planning, organizing, team motivation, and delegation
- Experience with vendor management/escalation for troubleshooting issues is a must
- Ability to create operating level agreements and standards business process documentation is required
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate as a strong team member in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in an ever changing environment.
- Able to integrate information from multiple sources in order to anticipate issues, come up with solutions, and resolve the problems
- Adept at utilizing project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field – or equivalent work experience is highly desirable.
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.