Project Manager 2 — 6989
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Project Manager for a client in Waukesha, WI. Required skills:
- Defines and Directs the work of cross-functional project teams. Coaches and enables team to succeed at project execution. Sets clear expectations to inspire and engage the team. Works with functional management to provides input for performance– recognizing achievement, providing feedback and supporting progressive improvement guidance when necessary.
- Enable and drive world class excellence within project management and product development teams. Define and produce results that are specifically targeted for one or multiple business groups’ product development goals. Lead projects in collaboration with engineering and product management for new product development via Agile under waterfall methodology. Insure product development methodology utilized by the connectivity team remains complementary to the the client’s Development Process (GDP).
- Effectively manage the development process (e.g. develop schedule/cycle time reduction techniques, process standards for improved predictability and speed, manage process globally/across multiple projects/ locations, meet project and product cost goals). Leverage the client’s Development Process (GDP) regular project status reports outs, Milestones, and Design Reviews as key drivers of product development progression.
- May act as Agile scrum master to drive software sprints and stories.
- Develop and lead a Risk and Mitigation plan for projects. Define and lead contingency option assessment when needed, then select and execute recovery plans.
- Lead decisions specific to any of the projects such as make vs. buy (globally), shipping and logistics cost, bidding process, optimizing as-delivered cost of components and whole installed products.
- Ensure that connectivity development projects deliver to target release dates, specifications, project cost, and product cost for the client and product life cycle cost for Customers.
- Collaborate with software development, engineering, IT, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to implement new product development concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Provide project management leadership oversight for new product development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and execution of product verification test plans, product introduction, etc.), interfacing with cross-functional company personnel.
- Ensure optimal application of project resources to meet each product development plan.
- Work with developers and stakeholders to improve and refine existing product development processes within both the Agile and waterfall environments.
- Develop and lead the product & software application development life cycle which includes interaction from the various business segments throughout design, manufacturability, introduction and serviceability, providing our customers the very best in innovation, quality, value and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, evaluate and document “lessons-learned” during the project and communicate best practices and lessons learned to project team members to implement into future projects via the GDP Post-Launch phase processes.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement.
- Support development of project management talent throughout the company, recommend training and growth plans for employees.
- Act as a Project Management process development and training leader for specific cross-functional area(s) as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Chemical or Software), Engineering Technology/Management, Computer Science or other directly engineering-related area).
- 5 years of progressive work experience in product design/development focused in engineering, brand or product management of equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- 3 years of project experience in manufacturing of equipment, machinery or other powered products.
- 5 years of experience with both Agile and Waterfall project management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.
- Team building and leadership skills in working with others who are not direct reports.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 4 years of experience and leadership using enterprise level business systems for product design, manufacture and sales / distribution.
- Solid understanding of engineering technical issues/needs, manufacturing, supply chain, service, customer service, financial, sales, and marketing as related to product design and development.
- Familiarity with Jira.