Project Manager 2-18833
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Project Manager (PM) that will be dedicated to managing projects associated with IT Security initiatives for our client’s enterprise applications. The successful candidate will be responsible for projects requiring the monitoring of progress on the completion of plans of action and milestones (POAMs) and corrective action plans (CAPs).
- Work with stakeholders to define project goals/objectives, success factors, budget, business requirements and approach.
- Develop and maintain project management artifacts including but not limited to business case documents, options analyses, project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, project schedules, communication plans, decision logs, risk registers, project status reports, project sign off/acceptance documents, and post project review documentation.
- Review and analyze IT project plans and make recommendations regarding project feasibility, direction and prioritization.
- Work with stakeholders and management to assemble a project team and arrange for any necessary project resources.
- Define schedule and effort estimates for project milestones and PM tasks based on input on tasks estimates from team members.
- Make project assignments, while providing leadership to the team, managing project scope, coordinating schedules and ensuring quality of deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, document manage, and mitigate risks associated with a project.
- Perform issue identification, documentation, management, and escalation (as required).
- Monitor, communicate, and report project progress against the project plan, requirements, budget, quality measures, and business results expected.
- Communicate information security strategies and processes to stakeholders to increase productivity and/or to reduce risk.
- Coordinate and schedule regular and ad-hoc project meetings; facilitate discussion to reach consensus when possible and to ensure project success.
- Work closely with the Project and Executive sponsors to ensure project objectives and criteria for success are achieved.
- Facilitate and participate in project change control activities.
- Conduct project closure activities.
- Participate in PMO building/enhancing activities.
- Provide feedback on project team and member performance to management.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Basic understanding of security controls, security architecture, and the importance of security within the IT lifecycle.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT Project Management experience managing teams in a matrixed, cross functional environment.
- Experience managing large (more than 12 months, more than $500,000 budget) high complexity projects to successful completion.
- Minimum of 5 years years of experience in IT security operations or IT security project management, including at least 3 years managing initiatives and projects related to security. Example security projects include, but are not limited to, projects associated with:
- Vulnerability assessments
- Security patching (not just OS patching
- Security penetration testing of apps/websites and then remediation of identified issues
- Roll out of encryption to desktops and/or databases,
- Resolution of IT and regulatory audit findings.
- Experience partnering with outside consultants and vendors to accomplish security goals.
- Experience with requirements definition, project initiation, project planning, time/schedule management, risk/issue management, budget tracking and project closure tasks.
- Experience creating standard project artifacts, including but not limited to, project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, project schedules, communication plans, decision logs, risk registers, and post project review documentation.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and knowledge of research and analysis techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with wide range of audiences, including operational staff, management and technical personnel.
- Ability to act as liaison / conduit between parties, as necessary.
- Ability to gather relevant data and information, actively listen, dialogue freely, verbalize ideas effectively, negotiate tense situations successfully, and manage and resolve conflict.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to lead collaboration with diverse staff as well as work independently. Ability to motivate team members.
- Excellent problem solving /judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and multi-task to achieve progress on various activities.
- Ability to maintain focus with timely execution.
- Deliverable focused and mission-oriented.
- Comfortable escalating when necessary.
Preferred Requirements (Not Mandatory but Nice To Have)
- Public sector experience (Federal, State or County Government).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- IT Security (CISSP, CISM, CISA, SANS, Security+, etc) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge NIST Information Security Policies and Best Practices.
- Experience utilizing SharePoint document management tool.