Project Manager 2-13118
This recruitment is for a Project Manager II position for a client in Madison, WI. The individual in this position will represent and lead a team in their effort to modernize a legacy application. In the first year, the project manager will lead a discovery phase to determine which options for legacy system modernization and provide management with directions the project might take. Subsequent years, the project manager, will lead a team to implement the option chosen selected for system modernization. The individual will work in conjunction with the IT Application team to understand the Application and Partner Training Team to develop training materials. The individual must have strong project management as well as excellent tem engagement and customer service skills.
The individual in this position will:
- Be the face representing the child support program on a modernization project.
- Responsible for overall project management on all aspects of the project, develop project charters, work plans, deliverables, and project artifacts.
- Work closely with the project sponsor and System Support and Development Section Chief to understand and prioritize project tasks and assist with resolving complex technical issues.
- Understand business objective and work with related teams to facilitate resolution when problems are identified.
- Assume a leadership on the project team and coordinate the work of the project team to meet project milestones and deliverable schedules.
- Possess 5-7 years of project/program experience leading large and complex system projects.