Project Manager 2-12137
Our client is in need of a Project Manager (PM) to manage multiple projects of high complexity simultaneously. The successful candidate will be expected to oversee all project phases coordinating throughout with stakeholders, vendors, and all other relevant areas. Additionally, the selected candidate may be called upon to mentor others new to project management.
- Work with stakeholders to define project goals/objectives, success factors, budget, business requirements and approach.
- Develop and maintain project management artifacts including but not limited to business case documents, options analyses, project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, project schedules, communication plans, decision logs, risk registers, project status reports, project sign off/acceptance documents, and post project review documentation.
- Work with stakeholders and management to assemble a project team and arrange for any necessary project resources.
- Define schedule and effort estimates for project milestones and PM tasks based on input on tasks estimates from team members.
- Make project assignments, while providing leadership to the team, managing project scope, coordinating schedules and ensuring quality of deliverables.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, document manage, and mitigate risks associated with a project.
- Perform issue identification, documentation, management, and escalation (as required).
- Monitor, communicate, and report project progress against the project plan, requirements, budget, quality measures, and business results expected.
- Coordinate and schedule regular and ad-hoc project meetings; facilitate discussion to reach consensus when possible and to ensure project success.
- Work closely with the Project and Executive sponsors to ensure project objectives and criteria for success are achieved.
- Facilitate and participate in project change control activities.
- Perform advanced business analysis functions as required.
- Conduct project closure activities.
- Participate in PMO building/enhancing activities.
- Provide feedback on project team and member performance to management.
- Provide training, coaching and consulting to workforce members on project management techniques, tools, and processes.
- Provide training, coaching and consulting to workforce members on Lean and 6 Sigma.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years Business Analysis experience.
- Experience managing large (more than 12 months, more than $500,000 budget) high complexity projects to successful completion.
- Experience managing policy development, policy implementation, and IT Software Development
- Experience with requirements definition, project initiation, project planning, time/schedule management, risk/issue management, budget tracking and project closure tasks.
- Experience creating standard project artifacts, including but not limited to, project charters, project plans, work breakdown structures, project schedules, communication plans, decision logs, risk registers, and post project review documentation.
- Experience providing training and coaching to individuals less experienced project managers or individuals new to project management.
- Advanced problem solving skills and knowledge of research and analysis techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with wide range of audiences, including operational staff, management and technical personnel. Ability to act as liaison / conduit between parties, as necessary.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to lead collaboration with diverse staff as well as work independently.
- Excellent problem solving /judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and multi-task to achieve progress on various activities.
Preferred Requirements (Not Mandatory but Nice To Have)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience with and training in lean methodologies e.g. Six Sigma.
- Value Stream Mapping knowledge.
- Experience providing training and coaching to individuals on Lean and 6 Sigma.
- Experience utilizing SharePoint document management tool.