Technology Services (TS) Operational Manager-1031
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Project Manager for their client in Madison, WI.
Role: This consultant will provide project management support. The successful consultants will have exposure to project management practices within technical environments. This role will be expected to routinely create and maintain project documentation; including schedules, charters, risk & issue management, budget tracking, resource analysis and have project management experience within multiple environments. Diligence and attention to detail are critical for success.
This consultant will augment the existing personnel by providing operational management support for larger operational efforts within the Applications department of Technology Services. The consultant is expected to manage complex integrations with other projects and project managers. Initially, the project managers will focus on projects involving a large PeopleSoft Upgrade as well as coordinating several projects for various areas within TS.
- 10 + years of experience as an Operational Manager or Project Manager; capable of managing initiatives of all sizes with staff from various areas of the college
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or any related field from an accredited institution or 15+ years’ experience as an Operational Manager or Project Manager in highly technical environments.
- Independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Must have a demonstrated track record of successful and accurate development.
- Results oriented; ability to critically analyze project approach to plan and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated outstanding:
- Verbal and written skills; ability to explain ideas in a concise and accurate fashion.
- Business and/or system analysis with large systems; ability to show complex projects in a way that creates a common understanding of goals and desired outcomes.
- Track record of successful project delivery.
- Conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills; ability to use a variety of tools to explain complex interactions between systems.
- Competency in interviewing program stakeholders and documenting functional specifications.
- Familiarity with different project methodologies.
- Knowledge of best practices for developing documentation.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to work with technical staff and faculty to answer questions and enhance requirements when needed.
- Ability to capture, verify and mange requirements and requirement traceability in support of product development, test and delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, visits, business process description, use cases, scenarios, business analysis as well as task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with faculty and staff to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver artifacts as needed.
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs in higher education and translate them into technical and operational requirements
- Collaborate with technical staff and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Coach staff on requirements gathering, project management skills and task management.
- Appropriately manage change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines.
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining appropriate approvals.
- Protecting organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishing organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Working well with cross-functional teams.