We are recruiting for a Project Coordinator to coordinate small or phases of larger hardware and software deployment/development. They will plan and deliver project components to support the client’s system needs by interacting with applications development, networking support, site support, and regional management using the client’s defined hardware and software standards. They will assist with project development monitor project progression and provide suggestions for resource requirements.
- Provides single point of contact for aspects of deployment/development projects.
- Works with system departments and site support.
- Uses technical knowledge to assess client’s system needs and determines the hardware and technical coordination required to facilitate those needs under appropriate direction.
- Works with individual application teams to gain a general understanding of applications.
- Assists with planning and establishing procedures of the installation and implementation.
- Conducts interviews of project sponsors to develop objectives and scope of projects under appropriate direction.
- Prepares and customizes work plans, cost estimates and timetables to facilitate the project installation based on previously established practices.
- Monitors performance against those estimates under appropriate direction.
- Uses project coordination skills to ensure that installations are completed within established budgets and timeframes.
- Works with technical staff, project analysts, other project coordinators, and site team or regional management to place orders, contact vendors and assist in scheduling the deployment/development team.
- Utilizes estimates and knowledge of delivery lead-time to set the appropriate deadlines and to complete the stages of the work plan most efficiently.
- Communicates with appropriate responsible project representative regarding project status.
- Recognizes issues that need escalation and communicates in a timely manner to appropriate management.
- Provides guidance on software/hardware corporate standards.
- Guides, advises, and acts as resource to other project team members regarding departmental methodologies.
- Provides quality assurance on all aspects of installation in conjunction with the site team or regional management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or another related field
- Requires 3 years of experience in Information Technology that include experiences demonstrating project management skills.
- Ability to interpret and present basic technical analysis in non-technical terms for management reporting.
- Ability to interact and work through technical requirements with clients to formulate project design and implementation requirements.
- Ability to problem solve by utilizing information from vendors and staff and to adapt work plan priorities.
- Proficient computer skills in a Windows MS Office environment.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Advanced communication skills both written and verbal in addition to strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work and remain flexible in a dynamic environment with multiple dependencies, multiple departments, and multiple projects.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle during work hours for site travel and to transport equipment.