Programmer Analyst 3-12142
This position functions as the primary department contact for the consultant and project management systems for the client and provides independent project leadership in the installation, maintenance, and problem resolution of computer platforms, software systems, and applications software as they relate to the external and internal users of the department’s consultant and project management systems. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Performs duties such as data and application analysis on existing business systems and analysis of new technology in the delivery of new or enhanced systems.
- Duties include, information system administration, documentation of all application business processes, troubleshooting on existing business systems and, budgeting, purchasing, and monitoring.
- Assignments involve many complex variables including multi-platform requirements and the performance of advanced specialist functions for major systems.
- Given assignments have a significant departmental impact related to the delivery of consultant contracts, and contract payments to prime consultants. The assignments can cross organizational and/or agency lines.
- Responsible for the continued operation of and installation of yearly upgrades to the business systems.
- Provide ongoing advanced system/network troubleshooting expertise.
- Independently uses several troubleshooting mechanisms to diagnose and correct business system problems or user errors.
- Responsible for presenting IT recommendations to management concerning future trends in the data processing marketplace and information technology related to information systems.
- Facilitates the development of business requirements as well as initiating problem resolution with appropriate individuals.
- The work is multi-tasking, self-initiated, and conducted independently.
- This position is under general supervision and work is reviewed only from a standpoint of feasibility, comparability with other work, and effectiveness in meeting objectives.
- Exhibit significant discretion and judgment in the performance of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Requires statewide travel to transportation regions.