Programmer 1 (Gaming)-12138
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Programmer 1 position to work in the Gaming Division of our client.
- Converts data from project specifications and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
- Prepares or receives from systems analyst detailed specifications to describe sequence of steps that program must follow, and input, output, and logical operations involved.
- Analyzes specifications, applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Confers with supervisor and representatives of departments concerned with program to resolve questions of program intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
- Converts detailed specifications to language processable by computer.
- Enters program codes into computer system.
- Inputs test data into computer.
- Observes computer monitor screen to interpret program operating codes.
- Corrects program errors, using methods such as modifying program or altering sequence of program steps.
- Writes instructions to guide operating personnel during production runs.
- Analyzes, reviews, and rewrites programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt program to new requirements.
- Compiles and writes documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
- May train workers to use program.
- May assist computer operator to resolve problems in running computer program.
- May work with systems analyst to obtain and analyze project specifications.
- May direct and coordinate work of others to write, test, and modify computer programs.
- Programmer capabilities with approximately 1-3 years of experience, relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job, works under immediate supervision, primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
- Contractor shall have a minimum of five years’ experience with inventory management databases for the gaming industry, website development, and development of user interfaces across multiple platforms.
- Contractor shall agree to perform work on the existing software and database currently being used.
- The existing software is owned by the client and all modifications and any additional software created as part of this project shall remain the property of the client and continue to reside on client data servers.
- Contractor shall perform modifications to modernize the existing system. The system (websites, services, and desktop applications) allows gaming operators and gaming device vendors to submit required gaming device inventory data to the client.
- Contractor shall make modifications to existing software.
- All software modifications, updates, upgrades, and any additional software created shall comply with requirements and standards.
- Contractor shall provide training and written documentation to the staff as needed so that all software created can be supported.