Program Manager — 7055
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Program Manager to work for a client located in Middleton, WI.
Utilizing a consistent project framework, the Program Manager plans, directs and manages all aspects of a program of work comprised of multiple business and IT projects, to ensure that the goals or objectives of the program are accomplished within the approved time frame and funding parameters. Provides direction and mentoring to the project managers and other project management staff who are assigned as direct reports. Has accountability for the outcomes of the work assigned to those direct reports. Serves as a role model and educates the organization on the use of the established delivery framework.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supervise employees or consultants:
a. Ensure that annual goals and development plans are in place for staff.
b. Complete mid-year and year-end performance reviews of staff and submit to HR.
c. Ensure that staff behaviors and performance meet DHP standards and values.
d. Address issues or concerns directly with an employee to resolve the situation.
e. Provide direction and mentorship to ensure that staff have the knowledge and tools required to complete their work.
f. Participate in the interview process to select new project management staff.
2. Manage the program/ project execution
a. Lead the program and project teams to accomplish the project goals, utilizing the established delivery framework.
b. Act as a problem solver to drive decisions within scope of authority.
c. Consult with management, and review program/ project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
d. Work with the program/ project team to identify and schedule project components and tasks and then lead the team to deliver according to plan.
e. Prepare and communicate status reports indicating variances against baseline to keep all levels of management, team members, and multiple business areas informed of program/ project status, risks and issues.
f. Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
g. Manage program budget, reporting on actual spend and providing projections for completion by project.
h. Ensure that all required program and project management deliverables are created and accurate.
i. Prepare the program and projects for governance gate approvals.
j. Provide leadership for and coordinate contracting activities and manage vendor communication and delivery.
k. Manage efforts that span across SSM entities and maintain relationships between clinics, hospitals, and the health plan.
3. Managing the program/ project team resources:
a. Provide leadership and facilitate a collaborative team environment that is focused on delivery.
b. Plan team resource needs. Allocate, supervise and review work.
c. Ensure that all team members understand their role.
d. Collaborate with other project and program managers to manage project interdependencies.
e. Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel, to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
f. Direct the work of other Project Managers, Associate Project Managers, or Project Coordinators working on the assigned program.
4. Managing the expectations of the sponsors and executive team:
a. Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and Executive Sponsors.
b. Engage internal business resources to understand their business objectives and translate them into delivery plans.
c. Understand how leveraged applications provide competitive advantage.
d. Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on program plans and budgets.
e. Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher management levels.
f. Develop a broad understanding of the interaction of business processes and applications throughout the organization.
g. Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher levels of management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related discipline with an information technology focus
2. Five or more years of progressive, broad-based, information systems project management experience
3. Demonstrated competency in program management, through the execution of multiple, simultaneous projects or a large program
4. Experience in vendor negotiation and relationship management
5. Effective knowledge and application of leadership competencies including oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, establishing relationships at all levels of leadership, managing direct reports, facilitation, and team building
6. Scrum Master or agile framework experience
1. MBA, master’s degree or equivalent related project management experience
2. PMI Project Management Professional certification
3. Strong knowledge of health insurance business processes
4. Experience working in an organization with separate corporate entities or business units where cross-corporate coordination is required
5. Scrum Master certification or Release Train Engineer experience
If you think are are qualified for this position, apply now!