The Program Manager is responsible for the implementation of large projects or programs with high complexity and multiple dependencies as part of the PPMO. Responsible for the project initiation, planning, execution and control. You will assist the organization by aligning resources on projects and prioritizing and aligning projects with overall business strategy.
In this role you will:
- Typically manage large projects or programs with high complexity and multiple dependencies.
- Understand and monitor expectations of Program Level Sponsor and program stakeholders.
- Ensure Program Sponsor and program stakeholders receive the right information at the right time regarding program performance.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of PPMO program team activities and work products.
- Work with Accounting, IT, other internal departments, and vendors to manage all elements of the program, report on status and variances and develop ongoing projections.
- Understand the technical road map for assigned program areas and how the integration of new solutions will impact existing solutions complement.
- Understand program dependencies and their implications for project planning.
- Provide consultation to operational leaders in determining implementation, support, and ongoing management structures for PPMO products.
- Review, and be responsible for, the overall work effort and deliverables of the project team.
- Ensure that the end solution meets stakeholder expectations.
- Monitor program-level risks, issues, and direct mitigation and resolution activities
- Complete and maintains accuracy of documentation required in each project phase as defined by PPMO Service Criteria. Works with PPMO Director to complete project audit activities.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate project methodology and procedures.
- Measure and monitor progress against plan at clearly defined points in the process to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations.
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks.
- Determine and socialize appropriate project adjustments as necessary.
- Provide status to leadership on program progress and variances.
- Assist PPMO and operational staff in addressing project escalations and issues.
- Escalate significant issues and project deviations to project stakeholders and PPMO Management/Executive Leadership.
- Manage program vendors as part of implementation and enhancement activities.
- Provide consultation to operational leaders in determining support and management structures for PPMO deliverables.
- Review and manage all changes to the program through a formally defined change process.
- Stay abreast of changes at the individual project level to understand impacts.
- Adhere to the PPMO Core Mission and Values
- Provide guidance and mentoring to PPMO project managers.
- Provide feedback and assists in addressing continuous improvement efforts with the project management processes.
You should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Project Management or related field or equivalent post high school education and/or work related experience
- 6 or more years’ experience in Project Management working in highly technical or complex environments
- Experience managing large-scale vendor contracts and monitoring adherence at a program level
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with teams
- Experience interacting with and reporting program status to executive leadership
In addition, we prefer:
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP, PgMP) preferred
- Experienced managing direct reports