Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Program Manager for a position in El Segundo, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 4 years’ IT business experience is required
- Previous experience at a large consulting firm is preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Mastery of formal project and governance structure, documentation and processes (e.g. Charters, Status reporting, Issues Tracking, status reporting, Architectural involvement)
- Mastery of Scope and Change Management, helping teams quickly and effectively navigate change
- Strong situational and self-awareness
- Strong Executive Reporting skills—know your audience
- An organized, self-starter with at least 5 years’ experience as Program Manager and at least 5 years of Project Management experience
- Mastery of managing escalations, prioritizing focus, and raising the right issues for awareness at the right time
- Expert at risk management
- Experience with managing acceptance of deliverables and questioning quality of deliverables to ensure proper completion
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills
- Experience creating UAT scripts, managing UAT efforts across multiple teams, and executing UAT
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required, including writing meeting agendas, documenting meeting minutes, task prioritization, follow up, etc
- Experience documenting business and system issues/challenges, and summarizing for management review
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Need to work closely in a cooperative environment with IT colleagues and the business customers.
- Ability to visualize data and enjoy data analysis
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Agile Experience, PMP, and ITIL certifications are nice to have.
- Expert of at least one technical application, platform, or framework (e.g. Advanced SQL, Linux admin, etc.).
- Previous engineering or development experience is nice to have.
- Strong analytical skills and strong problem solving abilities are required.
- Microsoft Project planning experience is required, Microsoft Project Server experience is nice to have
- Expert at managing complex and large-scale teams, managing conflict, and keeping teams focused & energized