PMO Project Manager-7782590
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a PMO Project Manager for a client located in Madison, WI. This position will play a key role in driving the agile methodology of execution in high impact and visible projects. In partnership with Business Owners and IT Leads, the project manager will be coaching a team in the agile methodology, facilitating the team, and structuring the project into roadmaps with sequences of Minimum Viable Functionalities (MYFs), and co-own the initiative delivery and business results.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions and approaches changes with flexibility.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Project Team Leadership and Execution Co-lead the project effort and design the project approach including the process, structure, and people
- Partner with the business owner with setting and enforcing strategic direction for project (guiding principles, themes, and success metrics)
- Coach the team in the agile methodology and facilitate Minimum Viable Functionality (MVF) planning with business owner and technology lead.
- Enable cooperation in the team across all roles and functions.
- Effectively work with Business Sponsors, Business Owners, and cross functional partners.
- Oversee the agile process and surface day-to-day impediments to facilitate progress.
- Look ahead to identify and resolve dependencies and large work efforts.
- Provide senior leader updates regarding deployment progress, results, and feedback regarding project work.
- Identify important issues and risks, recommend options, build business cases, facilitate, and negotiate individual and team decisions.
- Utilize effective project management, people change management, business process management, team building, and change achieve business results.
- Review project deliverables and artifacts to ensure quality, as well as adherence to PMO and program standards.
- Ensure consistent delivery/execution of each project to drive to a consistent experience for our business partners.
- Partner with Finance on measuring and tracking projects against originally defined costs and benefits.
- Maintain processes, standards, and templates to assist project team members with onboarding to project.
- Continuous Improvement and Innovation Actively lead/participate and collaborate with Agile Center of Excellence to share insights and opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Drive innovation by developing/acquiring new techniques/tasks/tools and applying those in project.
- Drive balance between PMO and Program processes/standards and project needs and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of related experience Process oriented mindset with a minimum of 3+ years of demonstrated working with projects in a formal project management environment.
- Agile and Process Improvement experience preferred.
- Experience with all aspects of project management including but not limited to requirements gathering, analysis, design, planning, testing, documentation, and production implementation.
- Experience leading large, highly complex, and multi-threaded projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated use of strategic, systems and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to determine root causes of performance within systems and processes.
- Understand stakeholder motivations, politics and impacts to the organization.
- Demonstrated strategic skill-set: able to synthesize and translate internal and external customer inputs, business performance metrics and strategic directives into projects and action plans.
- Results oriented: proven track-record in delivering results.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically, tactfully, and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills.
- PC Skills: fluent in Microsoft Office application.
- Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues; and escalate when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate to, negotiate with, and influence senior business leaders