Our Appleton-based client is adding an Oracle DBA to their growing team.
- Ensures efforts are in alignment with the Infrastructure team to support customer-focused objectives and the IT Vision, a collaborative partner delivering innovative ideas, solutions, and services to simplify people’s lives.
- Able to create, update, configure, manage, and administer databases for the current and future versions of Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Work in a dynamic environment with stakeholders and team members to manage Oracle and SQL Server database software over various operating systems such as Red Hat Linux and Windows, as well as physical and virtual hardware configurations.
- Create instances to include control files, redo logs, archive logs, and other parameters as required.
- Responsible to integrate DBMS(s) and data with existing application software, web sites, portals, storage devices or business applications.
- Responsible for assisting and testing Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plans.
- Working experience with Oracle DBMS versions.
- Working experience with SQL Server DBMS versions.
- Hands on experience with SQL development, optimization, performance tuning.
- Hands on experience with data modeling and database design.
- Hands on experience with database backup and recovery techniques.
- Strong understanding of Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating System.
- Strong understanding of PL/SQL.
- Working understanding of Oracle Real Application Clustering (RAC).
- Working understanding of Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Working understanding of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Healthcare industry practices and HIPAA knowledge would be a plus.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.