Network Security Engineer-6560
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Network Security Engineer for a client in Fitchburg, WI.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for network security administration based on industry-standard best practices
- Creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures) under the direction of the IT Security Supervisor.
- Assess security issues, develop resolutions, and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems
- Participate in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture
Acquisition & Deployment
- Maintain up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
- Perform the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to obtain protection services and products
- Lead analysis and mitigate/resolve security breaches and vulnerability issues with appropriate urgency
- Deploy, manage and maintain security systems and their corresponding or associated software, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems and cryptography systems.
- Proactively monitor server, security system and other logs
- Respond to alerts and alarms
- Inspect network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interpret activity and make recommendations for resolution.
- Participate in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits
- Maintain security related knowledgebase timely and accurately
- Manage connection security for local area networks and the company’s Web sites, intranet, and e-mail communications.
- Propagate security awareness among employees
- Bachelors or better in Information Technology or related field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication and documentation skills
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Project Management
- Strong understanding of SIEM (Security Information Event Management)
- Extensive experience with Cisco IOS, SourceFire, ASA and ISE
- Hands-on experience with devices such as hubs, switches, and routers
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards.
- Broad hands-on knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a securities role
- Other certifications or trainings that are desirable: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Routing and Switching, Cisco Certified Network Professional – Security, GIAC Certification(s), CISSP