Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Network Engineer that is fluent in VMware, EMC Storage, SQL, Configuring switches, VLANS, routers and firewalls, and Server 2012,
- Under general direction; provides architectural guidance to clients and recommends solutions to upper management on strategic IT initiatives
- Recommends and implements cloud technologies or other hosted solutions/strategies
- Project leads for major PMO initiatives involving servers, LAN/WAN, and /or other IT solutions necessary to meet requirements
- Handles escalating server issues and provides timely response to customer
- Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, vendor-supplied patches, and perform strategic planning in this space
- Monitors and test system performance
- Administers networks to insure proper functioning and recommends improvements and/or additions
- Develops network control standards in compliance with Information Management Services Division
- Assist management staff in providing training and technical guidance to network staff
- Train and advise staff in the proper operations and maintenance of servers, related IT equipment and overall operations of the systems
- Supports and maintains a variety of Windows server environments, active directories, SQL Clusters, physical or virtual servers and desktops LAN/WAN equipment in order to insure proper functioning within the environment
- Perform support for problem management
- Installs network upgrade for server and/or Cisco equipment
- Provides SAN/SQL maintenance and provide architectural guidance to ensure best security practices
- Manages information technology networks including technical support, problem tracking and resolution
- Perform asset tagging of equipment and/or software
- System recovery routines and contingency procedures
- System backup administration and architectural guidance for storage solutions
- Records and analyzes equipment performance utilizing statistics
- Act as liaison with outside vendors for the purchase of hardware, software, servers coordinate and schedule installation or implementation
- Evaluate equipment and/or software proposals and provide recommendations
- Conducts research or server hardware, software, and protocols in support of procurement and development efforts and performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- Five (5) or more years of experience supporting networks and/or Windows server environment is required.
- One (1) or more years of experience in project management is required.
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) is required.
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), preferred
- Any additional Microsoft Certifications.