.Net Web Developer — 14364
Beacon Technologies is looking for a .Net Web Developer to work or a client located in Madison, WI.
- Developing websites and internet applications using the Microsoft .NET framework and related development technologies such as ASP.NET (C#).
- Performing various coding and programming tasks, such as design or development of Web front-end, back-end Web-based applications, and Web/Internet services.
- May involve coding and integration of text, graphics, sound, and/or video.
- Conducting tasks and assignments as directed.
- Works with moderate supervision with some latitude for independent judgement.
- Analyzing and designing complex new systems and maintenance or enhancements to existing systems.
- Interviewing prospective system clients to document existing systems and procedures and to define new or revised system requirements.
- Analyzing system design and platform alternatives and prepare general system design documentation including flowcharts, forms, reports, and processes.
- Prepare feasibility reports showing the cost benefits of the various alternatives and present these reports to both client and IT management.
- Create detailed project plans and estimates for design, programming, testing, and implementation tasks.
- Write functional requirements documents defining business and technical system requirements.
- Review detailed design specifications to assure the integrity and accuracy of the specifications.
- Write technical specifications for complex programs that other team members will code.
- Identify technical and application alternatives to meet specifications and recommend most efficient, maintainable, and cost-effective solution.
- Analyze existing systems and modify as needed to improve system performance.
- Evaluate impact on existing systems of new an proposed State and Federal regulation changes.
- Respond to clients’ needs for assistance and correct system production problems with appropriate timeliness.
- Assist in problems resolution, support, and diagnosis for databases and the systems using them.
- Code, test, and debug complex computer systems utilizing the client’s current development tools.
- Plan and design integration, system, and/or client acceptance testing.
- Develop deployment documentation to thoroughly test systems, procedures and production implementations.
- Redesign and rewrite current systems for maximum efficiency, taking advantage of new utilities, data structures, and software.
- Develop and data extracts and data conversion routines to transmit data to outside parties ad other application systems.
- Moderate skill sets and developing proficiency within discipline.
- 4-5 years of experience or equivalent education.
- Experience in SQL Server; database design, T-SQL, stored procedures, and views (5 years)
- Application Development and Support of IIS/ASP.Net/MVC/DB2/Oracle Server Based Systems Using Visual (5 years)
- ASP.Net – VB.Net and C# (5 years)
- ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC – VB.Net and C# (2 years)
- HTML / XML / XSLT / CSS
- Python (.5 years)
- VB6 and Classic ASP (.5 years)
- Application Life Cycle Management using Team Foundation Server (2 years)
- Proven Development using Team Foundation Server (2 years)
Apply now if interested!