The primary responsibility of the Software Developer is to provide custom software solutions, electronic data interfaces and develop integrated solutions for new and/or existing systems.
This position is part of a software development team that works on a variety of business systems that are used to improve the efficiencies of our core companies, to meet the specific needs of our customers. This position must follow client consulting policies and procedures.
Representative Major Activities
- Design software solutions based on requirements
- Develop software based on software requirements and design, following best practices and departmental policies and procedures.
- Perform unit testing and provide support for system integration testing; document test results.
- Provide support for existing software, addressing problems and questions and provide production support as necessary.
- Estimate time required to complete software development requests.
- Ensure prompt and courteous feedback to requestors of software development services.
- Professionally communicate to client, external vendors, and internal staff.
Education, Knowledge, and Ability/Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or related degree
- 2 – 5 years of experience developing software and electronic data interfaces using Microsoft technologies including XML, C#, VB.Net, and ASP
- Strong SQL skills with understanding of relational database structures
- Experience integrating diverse business applications, utilizing web services, and building rich browser-based business applications is highly desirable.
- Experience delivering software solutions through the entire software development life cycle and be familiar with different development methodologies including Agile and Waterfall.
- Strong customer relationship skills, communication, and collaboration skills,
- Ability to learn new technologies, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in teams.