Middleware Technical Analyst-5922
This position will serve as a technical presence for our internal middleware software stack to various internal customers, including both business and development teams. The ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and environments from inception, design production rollout, and post-production support is key to the success of this position. The security risk level for this position is high; therefore, the incumbent may be subject to additional background screening requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure enterprise applications are running effectively at all times, which includes continuous monitoring and ensuring every reasonable effort is made to restore service as quickly as possible in the event of an outage. · Ability to understand business and technical requirements and develop a solution to meet those requirements.
- The candidate must be able to create detailed design documents and associated solutions built around ORACLE WebLogic and other potential solutions. Must also express a solid understanding of Networking, Security, and Enterprise Management.
- Engage and collaborate regularly with infrastructure, systems, security, and quality assurance teams to provide status updates and work on both tactical and strategic plans.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage multiple environments (DEV, TEST, UAT, PD) effectively and account for differences in each environment. · Alert and accurately report KPIs on systems status with tuning recommendations at regular intervals.
- Support a 24×7 production environment (as part of a on-call rotation team). · Ensure effective release management, change management and quality assurance in project lifecycles are maintained.
- Develop and maintain configuration documentation, diagrams, SOPS, training materials and other supporting documentation.
- Ensure adherence to configuration and operating best practices and standards. · Ability to deploy and troubleshoot applications on WebLogic/Java platforms
- Candidate must possess good oral and written communication, project management, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5+ years of experience managing a medium-scale WebLogic production environment, or or 10+ years of experience and currently pursuing your college degree·
- Intermediate knowledge of standard WebLogic tools to debug application and system performance issues.
- Intermediate knowledge of tuning WebLogic environments on RHEL· Intermediate knowledge of security best practices, APM, and application security practices for multi-tiered operating systems
- Solid knowledge and experience with RHEL
- Some technical knowledge and experience with the following Operation Systems: Windows, AIX, and OS/400.
- Intermediate knowledge of disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Intermediate knowledge of Nagios, ManageEngine, ServiceNow, disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Basic knowledge and experience with other Fusion Middleware components (ex: Oracle HTTPS)
- Intermediate knowledge of Oracle Identity and Access Managed solution stack is a huge plus
- ITIL certification
Working Conditions and Travel
- Position has the option for telecommuting.
- This position will be part of an on call team supporting the production environment 24x7x365.
- No regular travel is required
- Local travel (20 mile radius) may be required as needed to support business operations and attend various meetings.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, occasionally with little advance notice.