Microsoft Solution Architect – 5595
As a Microsoft Solution Architect, you will be responsible for defining, budgeting, planning and executing a comprehensive Microsoft capabilities strategy and roadmap that increases productivity across the enterprise in all Microsoft technologies.
You will be working with stakeholders to understand and define their productivity and collaboration requirements and working with them to leverage platforms such as Office 365, SharePoint Online, Yammer, Skype for Business and others. A key element of success will be to build and maintain effective stakeholder, peer and partner relationships in order to drive results and efficiencies.
You will work with functional and technical teams across all aspects of Jewelers Mutual engaging and providing thought leadership and mentorship around associated architecture, peripheral technology capabilities, and roadmaps.
What we need:
- An experienced information professional who is a demonstrated leader, problem solver, and strategic thinker; is adaptable to and drives change through thought leadership, education, communication, partnership and results.
- Owner for the overall strategy and implementation roadmap of our Microsoft capabilities; Engage, educate and communicate with all levels of the organization, leveraging industry best practices, technology trends, experience and optimized application architecture to influence and enable strategic capabilities that move the business forward.
- Architect solutions to address identified business issues and assure overall solution integrity
- Lead/assist with demonstrations, evaluations and proof of concepts
- Design, develop and deploy scalable and secure Microsoft solutions across all technologies
- Drive and initiate consulting for business process enablement within Microsoft and peripheral technologies (e.g. SharePoint, K2, O365, etc.) in both on-prem and cloud scenarios
- Lead customer engagements to assist with leveraging Microsoft capabilities to improve their business processes
- Lead or participate in a number of small to large-sized projects, in a timely, diligent, and professional manner to accomplish the objectives within prescribed scope and schedule.
- Articulate functional capabilities that drive education and standard, effective use of Microsoft capabilities
- Mentor peers in proper Microsoft techniques, methods, standards and processes.
- Consult with internal customers, IT leadership, application principals and architects on emerging Microsoft technology.
- Demonstrate an advanced level of customer, peer and industry relationships in order to drive results and efficiencies at varying levels throughout the company
- Develop strategic level relationships within industry, stay abreast of industry trends and technology direction through industry certifications and education, technology forums and user groups, and use that knowledge to refine the Microsoft architecture as needed.
- Act in a technical leadership capacity and provide support as the focal point for highly complex customer problems.
- Provide third level technical support for Microsoft functionality, including existing peripherals. In conjunction with this, act as the conduit between Jewelers Mutual and support vendors responsible for the Microsoft environment, working with the vendors to influence strategy and future capabilities/feature enhancements that benefit our internal customers.
- Understand cross-company business needs and recommend approaches in consideration of tactical objectives while continuing to build toward the strategic objectives. This will include supporting prototypes, pilot projects, overseeing end-to-end solution implementations and partnering with business teams.
- Microsoft Office 365 deployment/adoption experience 3+ years
- Architectural understanding of Microsoft O365 enterprise licensing across all services within and technology platforms supported by O365
- Experience assessing, implementing and supporting peripheral solutions that extend Microsoft capabilities
- Preferred working knowledge of one or more of the below:
- SharePoint Workflow
- K2 Workflow
- Reporting and Analytics
- .NET Development (ASP.NET, Web Services)
- Industry and application trends
- Solution architecture for on-prem and cloud-based systems using Azure
- Microsoft client/server/infrastructure experience
- Understanding of Active Directory technologies
- Group policy and client management
- Client configuration and troubleshooting
- System Center Experience (plus)
- 8+ years of experience in technology with minimum of 3-6 years in a Microsoft technical role.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
- Ideal candidates will have a minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible experience in information technology with an emphasis in the insurance industry; P/C (property/casualty), other Insurance, or Financial Services experience.