Manual Quality Assurance Tester-5833
Our Analyst Quality Assurance participates in testing efforts related to the quality, performance and successful implementation of software application development projects. This role provides support in the testing of new system applications, system modifications and system maintenance. This position ensures that software applications consistently perform on a high level of reliability and functionality so that end user information is delivered quickly, accurately and in a secure manner.
Characteristics and Responsibilities
- Assist in identifying and implementing solutions related to configuration and development that will provide efficient and accurate solutions that meets the business requirements or provides resolutions to issues.
- Create, document and establish testing plans and scripts to be executed with regards to regression, functionality, performance load, access/security, and production performance. Provide high level estimates for subject matter expert knowledge and testing.
- Assist testing with third parties and vendor systems to ensure successful system integration.
- Infrastructure support – ensure that the systems remains correctly configured to permit the deployed application(s) to function while meeting all contractual obligations and security requirements and complete updates/changes as needed.
- Requirements gathering – assist in identifying business requirements that need to be met with future application releases in addition to new requirements for approved projects.
- Release Planning – ensure development/configuration has been successfully deployed into the appropriate environments to effectively build, test, and promote changes to the production environment.
- On Call Support – Analyze and execute appropriate actions to resolve the issue and provide updates to appropriate parties until solution is implemented.
- Access co-ordination – provide support in identifying impact and configuration changes for requests such as new/updated system functionality, software installations, and general requests for service on a departmental level.
- Software Architectural Support – providing input to the technical design effort for system enhancements
- Toolset support – provide assistance in analyzing the impact of existing configuration and development with regards to the selection, installation, upgrade of approved/purchased vendor QA software.
- Provide assistance in the training and development of onboarding new QA Analysts.
- Conduct peer review audits on completed projects to determine if requirements were met and properly documented and to ensure client satisfaction.
- 2 or more years of quality assurance testing, this includes experience with quality assurance platforms and methodologies.
- 1 or more years of testing experience involving transactions such as electronic interfaces, data transactions between system and complex administrative operations.
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent post high school education and/or work experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other Information Technology related field.