Manager of App Development-364
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Manager of App Development with experience in Leadership, management, and support of web based CRM and back office administrative systems.
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to leadership of the BTS Application Development team. This team supports development of clients web based CRM and back office administration systems. The individual occupying this position collaborates with company customers, staff, BTS colleagues including the clients application development team, and other stakeholders to identify customer requirements and assess impacts to other data and systems, consider available technologies, compare costs and benefits, and recommend solutions. Incumbents act as general contractor on projects and populate project teams with specialists in various technical areas, to ensure results meet negotiated customer expectations and adhere to internal standards and strategies.
Incumbents are responsible for coordinating systems analysis and application development activities through direct and indirect staff including onshore and offshore development teams. Responsible for directing development teams in the areas of scheduling, technical direction, future planning and standard development practices. Also participates in budgeting and capital equipment processes and quality/maturity improvement activities for the development organization. Meets scheduled milestones to ensure project/program objectives are met in a timely manner and has an in-depth knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing the activities related to planning, managing and implementing systems analysis and application development projects and programs.
- Ability to successfully develop and implemented new technology Skilled in project management and execution of multiple or complex projects
- Ability to successfully develop and implement new work processes or process improvements
- Ability to perform software development and/or programming design and systems management involving web based applications, automated software and system management tools
- Knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with software development focus; MBA degree (with undergraduate degree in a technical discipline) is a plus
- Eight or more years of progressive broad-based information systems experience, with three or more years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in application implementation
- Previous experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions
- Extensive project management experience (PMP or Master Certification in Project Management is a plus)
- Five or more years of relevant business area experience (as either an IT or line-of business employee, in current or another company), with two years of solving business problems with appropriate technology fit
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative – Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus – Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus – Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect