Java Programmer III-5697
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Java Programmer for a client in Madison, WI.
The purpose of this position is, but is not limited to developing, testing, and documenting Java based applications and client/server systems. This position is also responsible for adhering to standard programming procedures and documenting all program procedures as well as acting as a development leader as needed.
- Skilled in working with web service development and Java/J2EE web services
- Understand high performance database design, data modeling, implementation including stored procedures, performance tuning for OLTP, and data mining
- Understanding the architecture and developing Web Services on multi-tiered development architecture, production deployment and strong knowledge of Web Services and related UML diagrams
- Ability to work with JBoss, Tomcat, Ant, Maven, ECLIPSE, GIT or similar technologies
- Understanding of the system platforms such as Linux
- Ability to work with development frameworks (Spring, etc.) and J2EE technologies such as JSP, Java Server Faces, JMS, SMX, JCA, JAAS, EJB, ESB or enterprise service bus, Web Services etc.
- Skilled in writing, reading Database queries such as SQL
- Ability to work with a project management tool such as JIRA or Confluence
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience from an accredited college or university) from an accredited college, university, or vocational college with a degree in an Information Technology field, or a related discipline
- Two or more years of progressively responsible, professional experience in a programming capacity preferred with developing software product experience addressing high availability and scalability
- Two or more years’ experience with a small to medium team environment in which collaboration is required for delivery
CORPORATE CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Adaptability – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative – Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus – Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus – Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity – Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches