Java Developer III-11294
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Java Developer for a client in Madison, WI.
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty and 4-6 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and functional programming
- Experience defining and consuming XML
- Proficiency in problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in the Java programming language
- Total confidence in designing and developing applications using the Spring framework
- Experience with use and implementation of application middleware such as Tomcat
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and common practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Drives through ambiguity, self-motivated and thrives with minimal supervision
- Confident, takes ownership, willingness to “do what it takes” to help the team get the job done