Java Developer II-11326
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Java Developer that can design, develop, and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements.
The project is a multi-year initiative to replace legacy mainframe applications. A well qualified candidate must have in depth experience in:
- Server-side web application development using Java
- Enterprise relational databases using either MS SQL Server or Oracle
- Eclipse integrated development environment
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS3)
Other knowledge and experience needed include:
- JQuery Mobile framework
- SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) concepts and REST web services development
- Process analysis and design techniques
- Client/server and web-based programming
- Testing techniques
- Application, network, and database security best practices
- The right candidate must be experienced throughout the entire system development lifecycle working together in an Agile team environment.
- Experience in Agile development is a requirement including knowledge of backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprints, daily scrums, sprint reviews and sprint retrospectives.
- Experience with Agile documentation best practices is preferred.
- The well qualified candidate will also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the initiative to help with design, coding, testing, documentation, or whatever efforts are needed to get the right work done on-time.
- This position follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Requires 2-4 years of experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.