Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Java Developer for a client in Milwaukee, WI.
- Designs and develops applications using Java and a variety of development languages.
- Complies with coding standards and development processes to ensure quality.
- Analyzes system requirements and existing business processes and information systems.
- Participates in business process reviews.
- Assists in systems planning, scheduling, and implementation. Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule.
- Assists with server troubleshooting/configuration and site architecture.
- Designs and develops components for all application tiers, including but not limited to UX, business logic, database access and web services.
- Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing and communicating with existing content management systems.
- Creates prototypes and codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements moderately complex software applications.
- Helps and guidance to other staff on issues related to Java development.
- Assists with the development and presentation of internal and external training programs.
- Maintains links to external sites and accuracy on internal links while ensuring up-to-date information.
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends new Internet tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities.
- Contributes to presentation and business-logic tier of self-service, customer-service, and enterprise systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in developing Java applications.
- Moderately technical programming skills and knowledge of various IDE tools to code, test, debug, document and implement software applications.
- Object-oriented analysis, design, and development skills.
- Familiarity with one or more application servers and experience with web services.
- Attention to software quality, using tools such as source control, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Ability to interact and work through technical requirements with clients to formulate project design and implementation requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and facilitation skills and ability to explain communicate web enabling design techniques to users.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills when consulting with internal and external partners.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather and organize data.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.