Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Java Developer with a minimum of 2 years in Java Development, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Develops, tests, maintains and supports high-performance, innovative applications.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots moderately complex software problems and provides solutions to overcome these problems using the latest technologies.
- Participates in the needs analysis, specification, acquisition, design, development and maintenance of departmental and enterprise-wide applications.
- Designs and develops applications using Java and a variety of development languages.
- Complies with coding standards and development processes to ensure quality.
Analyzes system requirements and existing business processes and information systems.
- Participates in business process reviews.
- Assists in systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
- Initiates corrective action to stay on schedule.
- Assists with server troubleshooting/configuration and site architecture.
- Designs and develops components for all application tiers, including but not limited to UX, business logic, database access and web services.
- Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing and communicating with existing content management systems.
- Creates prototypes and codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements moderately complex software applications.
- Provides assistance and guidance to other staff on issues related to Java development.
- Assists with the development and presentation of internal and external training programs.
- Maintains links to external sites and accuracy on internal links while ensuring up-to-date information.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new Internet tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities.
- Contributes to presentation and business-logic tier of self-service, customer-service and enterprise systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in developing Java applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Moderately technical programming skills and knowledge of various IDE tools to code, test, debug, document and implement software applications.
- Object-oriented analysis, design and development skills.
- Familiarity with one or more application servers and experience with web services.
- Attention to software quality, using tools such as source control, unit testing and continuous integration.
- Ability to interact and work through technical requirements with clients to formulate project design and implementation requirements.
- Demonstrated negotiation and facilitation skills and ability to explain communicate web enabling design techniques
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills when consulting with internal and external partners.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to gather and organize data.
- Strong problem and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely