Our client is looking for Java developers to assist in refactoring RESTful Web Services and STRUTS based Web Applications to move them from WebSphere to JBoss. In this process, the applications will have several facilities reworked including logging, properties, JNDI, and the frameworks the applications were written with.
- Experience with object-oriented development (OOP/OOD) using the Java programming language and popular libraries such as Spring, STRUTS, Log4j, Apache, etc.
- Knowledge of HTTP methods (GET, PUT, POST, DELETE) as they relate to REST services
- RDBMS experience (SQL Server, DB2, etc.)
- Experience developing web services using REST/JSON (Apache Wink, RESTeasy) and SOAP/XML/WSDL/DTD
- Experience using Integrated Development Environments (RSA, Eclipse)
- Experience using Java Application Servers (WebSphere, JBoss)
- Experience using multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, zOs)
- Experience using different build scripts including Ant, Maven
- Experience using git and the GIT forking workflow