IT Project Manager-6402
Under minimal supervision, the role of the IT Project Manager is to successfully plan, execute, and finalize IT projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The IT Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. The IT Project Manager will provide expertise and leadership in directing project teams to drive the effective delivery of projects and organization’s goals and objectives. The IT Project Manager is expected to manage multiple, cross-functional, IT projects of varying complexity and size that cover many IT domains including but not limited to infrastructure, services and support, application development and third-party applications, cybersecurity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To successfully perform this job, the individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support IT and business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan, track, and schedule project timelines, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Analyze status report results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify potential crisis, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Proactively contribute ideas to enhance the PM process as defined by the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, work with the PMO, and other department managers to negotiate the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Working with senior management, make the appropriate recommendation for recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Provides expertise and leadership in directing project teams to drive the effective delivery of projects and organization’s goals and objectives.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Meets regularly with the PMO and adheres to PMO processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related technical field degree, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of project management experience leading technical projects from their development through execution.
- At least 4+ years of proven experience executing successful project management standards across various IT domains including but not limited to infrastructure, services and support, application development and third-party applications, cybersecurity.
- Health insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to be persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressured environment is crucial.
- Excellent meeting and facilitation skills.
- Strong experience leading multiple cross-functional IT projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to do complex problem solving.
Licenses or Certifications Required:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other similar project management certification which provides the same functional project management training and practice standards preferred.