IT Manager, Application Architecture Services-6162
This position is responsible for the functional management of the team that supports the company’s solutions development lifecycle, enterprise integration related processes as well as IT Internal control systems and other application development controls. This includes accountability for the current and multi-year roadmap, successful delivery of initiatives related to new capabilities, enhancements and maintenance of the application lifecycle management and integration technologies owned and related budget(s) and resourcing plans. The position will lead the activities of professional staff in the research, development, implementation, support and education of new methods and technologies in this domain. This person will operate largely independently in meeting their defined objectives and goals and is responsible for communicating all team activities, project status and operational performance metrics for their area of responsibility.
- IT Service Strategy for Domain: 5-15%
- Complete medium-term planning (monthly, quarterly, annually) for initiatives, staffing, budget, etc. for the domain.
- Participate in future state IT strategic planning processes. Ensure planned delivery activities for the domain are in alignment with the enterprise’s future state reference architecture.
- Business Leadership & Customer Relationship: 10-15%
- Understand IT Application Development and IT Operations needs and processes. Work with appropriate IT leaders / teams to ensure the application lifecycle management and integration technologies will support the current and planned needs of IT.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with capability delivery and operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service.
- Solution Delivery & Operations: 40%
- Accountable for overseeing day-to-day operations for the functional are including developing and managing operational budgets, vendor relationships, operational support plans, resource plans, etc.
- Lead delivery of new capabilities and upgrades or enhancements to existing capabilities related to enterprise integration and application development related capabilities. Ensure that the technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon. Responsible for coordinating with staff across IT to ensure successful solution delivery.
- Develop and maintain initiative and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of solution delivery and operational commitments and adherence to service level commitments.
- Ensure all activity is delivered in compliance with normal policies, procedures, technology standards, security requirements, etc. of CMG and the IT department.
- People Leadership: 30%
- Responsible for the consistent delivery of HR processes: recruiting, hiring, training, career development, performance management, etc. Evaluate team members in both technical duties and professional aspects of their performance.
- Define team structure and resource levels. Allocate resources and responsibilities across the application team to meet required Business Area or Company results.
- Communicate and reinforce CMG/IT/application/infrastructure team goals, policies and procedures to staff members.
- Coach/mentor team members as necessary. Align team members to best take advantage of their strengths and to grow/diversify their skill sets.
- College degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- Five years related IT management experience in Application Development or as owner of application lifecycle management and integration technologies
- Three years in leading or managing Application Development and/or IT infrastructure related projects
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, influencing and presentations skills