IT Generalist — 6977
Beacon Technologies is looking for an IT Generalist for a client in Chilton, WI. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity
This position will assist personnel with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of system hardware and software, including PCs, tablets, cell phones, printers, etc. in addition to working with outside IT consultants regarding the overall IT technology strategy. Other duties:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware. Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Train computer users.
- Create and deactivate user accounts. Provide initial orientation for new staff members.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur. Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with the Local Area Networks (LAN), and other systems.
- Manage backup, security and user help systems.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Install/Support Microsoft products.
- Maintain company phone systems including cell phones.
- Request purchases of necessary equipment.
- Escalate ERP issues to outside contract services.
- Escalate IT issues or unresolved IT queries to outside contract services.
- Assist in evaluating the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
- Stay abreast of advances in technology.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate degree in Information Technology or related degree with 4 years’ experience in an IT environment required. Basic knowledge of devise level security including knowledge of anti-virus and anti-malware software, knowledge of Microsoft Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP required. Working knowledge of server and storage hardware as well as basic knowledge of Veeam back-up and recovery systems. Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid, logical conclusions. Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills as they will be assisting all IT end users.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift (10 lbs.), and ability to adjust vision for close vision work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Conformance with Good Manufacturing Practices as specified by plant policies.