IOT Data Analyst-5963
Are you obsessed with data visualizations, finding patterns in data, and using data to tell stories? Do your coworkers look to you to solve data related challenges or issues?
Our ideal candidate is someone who feels they are a data junkie, and can’t walk by a sensor without wondering if it’s busy collecting data. Someone who is obsessed with extracting value from data sets, no matter how large, and can see statistical opportunity where most people see noise.
- BS or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, and/or Information Management
- Strong math and analysis skills are required
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Work with Data Scientist, Data Engineer and Software Developer to develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Able to work with large amounts of data when creating facts, figures, and general number crunching
- Comfortable presenting findings, or translating the data into an understandable, readable document. Write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas
- Be able to visualize numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Can do attitude, positive, and willing to overcome technical challenges
- Innovation, excitement, and creative – out of the box thinker
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments Attention to detail
Applicable programming languages and tools you should know or desire to learn
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing and visualizing datasets (Excel, Statistical Package for the Social Science (SPSS), Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Tableau, etc.)
- Additional skills that will increase your potential are Python, R, and Data Modeling
- We hope you have a passion for the power of visualizing data and might also like the potential of machine learning in the world today. We are at the cutting edge of these fields and are using these techniques to show and predict things in building and structures that has never been done before. You’ll love the feeling of breaking new ground with us.
- Although the ideal candidate would be located in the office on a daily basis, we are also considering off-site candidates to join our team. We do this by encouraging all onsite and offsite employees to participate in daily discussions using web based video tools, and demonstrate project progress using web based collaboration tools. To facilitate personal employee relationships, we will expect offsite employees to be on site on a quarterly, or bi-annual basis.
- You’ll work with a skilled team of engineers and software developers who are defining the future of protecting homes and businesses with sensors. Your interest in sensor data and the analysis of that data will make you a highly valuable candidate.