Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Manager for a client in Milwaukee, WI.
- Manages the technical administration and operations of key application systems environments encompassing managing, coordinating and integrating multiple technical products into a single configuration.
- Delivers the highest service level possible for the company’s most mission critical applications.
- Develops operational policies and controls that are designed to deliver 99.95% or higher planned system availability.
- Implements and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration, support and security initiatives.
- Develops technical configuration road maps that result in a system that has efficient system operation, meets customer response time requirements, scales well with growth, and is manageable.
- Provides capacity analysis and projections to ensure delivery of predictable system utilization and costs.
- Develops and deploys appropriate tool sets to allow proper management and trending of system resources and performance including overall operating efficiency, capacity monitoring, and response time.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff which include interviewing and selection of new employees, promotions, staff development, performance evaluations, compensation changes, resolution of employee concerns, corrective actions, terminations, and overall employee morale.
- Develops and recommends operating and capital budgets and controls expenditures within approved budget objectives.
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to the company’s ethical conduct and for ensuring that personal actions, and the actions of employees supervised, comply with the policies, regulations and laws applicable to the company’s business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Typically requires 5 years of experience in technical systems that include experiences with leading a technology group in a large business and mission critical environment.
- Includes 1 year of supervisory experience in management of staff, budgets and multiple information technology functions.
- Knowledge of and experience in automated Test Scripts such as Compuware’s Test Partner using Visual Basic Application.
- Knowledge of and experience in performance monitoring tools such as Concord’s System Edge, Application Response and eHealth, Test Partner, BNC’s Patrol, SAS, servers such as Microsoft SQL Server, Network- WAN/LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, servers, routers, bandwidth, Windows 2000, NT.
- Knowledge of multiple OS’s, and network dependencies and design.
- Demonstrated ability in trouble shooting skills.
- Demonstrated statistical analysis skill.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks in process simultaneously, set appropriate priorities, and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and logical thinking, communication skills and ability to interact with all types of personalities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new tools with minimal formal training.
- Ability to interrupt highly technical analysis in non-technical terms for management reporting.