Under the general guidance and direction of the Business Intelligence Manager, the Information Analyst is responsible for the translation of the reporting requirements of senior and middle managers into modification or development specifications within the existing computer systems and with the use of a variety of PC-based tools to produce the required reporting results for the purpose for which the data was required. The focus of this position is on providing financial, contractual, sales, and medical utilization analyses requested by internal and external customers primarily in the health insurance area. This position will work with all levels of management and teams to understand reporting needs and to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements. Information will be retrieved primarily, though not exclusively, from PC-based systems, and will be interpreted and presented in a format that is easily understood by end users. The Information Analyst exercises discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job responsibilities.
The incumbent knows and abides by all organizational and departmental policies, sets personal standards, and strives for high quality work in completing assignments, performs job duties in a timely manner, and represents the organization in a positive manner. The incumbent understands our Mission, Vision and Common Values (stated below) and is committed to promote these values in behavior and attitude.
Job Specific Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in finance, accounting, general business, or mathematics.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of work experience in a healthcare or related environment performing data analysis, data flow, and interpretation required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in Finance, Accounting, or with financial concepts.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite software including word processing, database, email, and spreadsheet programs.
- Working knowledge of EXCEL required.
- Familiarity with graphic software is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with reporting tools or equivalent, such as but not limited to Crystal Reports, SQL Query and Web Intelligence required.
- Demonstrated knowledge with SQL code required.
- Ability to retrieve data from PC-based systems using ODBC required.
- Ability to translate work on and/or develop applications that will satisfy the reporting needs of internal/external customers required.
- Ability to analyze data and present it in a format that is easily understood by end-users required.
- Demonstrated knowledge or ability to learn healthcare utilization practices and healthcare terminology required.
- Knowledge or ability to learn health insurance and healthcare analyses required.
- Ability to work under pressure from deadlines and to work harmoniously with all departments or teams required.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally with all levels of management, staff and customers required.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with diverse populations.
- Ability to maintain organizational and patient confidentiality.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
- Ability to interact effectively with middle and senior managers with varying levels of computer literacy as well as staff required.
- Public speaking, team building, and group facilitation skills desired.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and self-directed required, including ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary groups in a professional manner.
- Ability to use a keyboard, CRT, and calculator extensively required.
- Ability to sit most of the day and stand, lift, bend, and stretch occasionally required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends) and occasional travel required.