Help Desk Support Level II-6055
Summary: Positions at this level are distinguished from the Help Desk Support Technician Level I by the performance of the full range of duties as assigned, working independently, and exercising judgment and initiative. Positions at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual issues arise, and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. Work is reviewed only upon completion and for overall results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives requests via trouble ticket, email or telephone for assistance on computer related problems including hardware, software, peripherals, printers and related equipment; determines severity of problems; resolves or refers to appropriate technical staff; as appropriate, trains users in resolving problems.
- Procures, configures and maintains warehouse printers, pc’s, radios, scales and terminals.
- Mentors and supports remote warehouse technicians.
- Ensures quality customer service to users; ensures proper and accurate feedback on technical problems; coordinates communications between client and technical staff.
- Assists corporate users by providing one-on-one guidance in resolving computer related problems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Coordinates major equipment repairs; locates vendors and ships parts as needed for repairs; arranges for vendors to perform on-site repairs.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of logs, records and reports on help desk operations including vendor service logs, purchase orders, inventory, status reports and problem resolution.
- Communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Three years’ experience in a Help Desk environment or a related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 and Macintosh Operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Advanced methods and techniques of troubleshooting issues with computer hardware, printers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of operational characteristics of personal computer equipment and peripheral equipment.
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Principles and practices of record keeping.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008-R2, 2012-R2, 2016
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange.
- Printer maintenance and support
- RF radio support
Education: Associates degree or technical IT certification. Minimum of Two years’ experience in a related field.