Help Desk II — 7035
Beacon Technologies is looking for a Help Desk II to work for one of their clients located in the Milwaukee, WI area.
The candidate will complete the following tasks for this position:
- Provide support when either customers or colleagues run into technical issues.
- Identify, troubleshoot, research and resolve technical problems.
- Make field calls or send emails from end users who are having trouble with some aspect of an IT system.
- Listen to a description of the problem and accesses information about the specific system or application the user is trying to operate, to resolve the problem.
- Make suggestions, attempt different means of fixing the issue until it is resolved.
- In the unlikely event that the problem persists, refer the problem to a higher-level technician and suggest a workaround until the problem can be permanently resolved.
- Document, track, and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Had knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a field.
- Help Desk capabilities with 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
It is essential that for this position the chosen candidate must have a friendly phone disposition along with advanced technology skills.
This position requires a two-year college degree in a relevant discipline such as computer science or information systems management. A+ or MCSE preferred.