Guidewire Systems Solutions Architect-5454
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Guidewire Systems Solution Architect in Neenah, WI.
This position provides leadership and technical expertise in the design, development and support of the core applications. The solution architect role requires a strong technical background/experience to be a key member of the team that develops, maintains, and integrates business-critical systems. Assignments require the individual in this position to act as an integral part of the development team to architect, design, and develop innovative solutions. Assignments often involve research in the application and/or business area and have a direct impact on assigned project schedules, costs and performance.
- Configures and integrates packaged applications with existing systems
- Senior level development knowledge is a requirement.
- Takes a leadership role on inter- and intra-departmental projects including:
- Developing and leading project plans and timelines.
- Keeping the project leader/manager and the IT Leadership Team informed.
- Providing technical assistance to team members and directing their project-related assignments.
- Reviewing team’s work for completeness and correctness in accordance with specifications, soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy, and technical guidance and support to other systems analysts.
- Analyzes business cases in terms of the business environment, technical infrastructure, system capacity and business response time expectations when proposing solutions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• 5 years Guidewire configuration and integration experience preferably in BillingCenter.
• 7 years of experience in object-oriented programming (Java, C++) skills
• Ability to lead/provide consult to large projects/programs
• Java, JDBC, Web Services, SOAP, XML/XSLT, JSP Transfer protocols (HTTP, FTP, EDI etc.)
• Understanding of Thunderhead and Ratabase
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Technical certification in Guidewire PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and ClaimCenter
• Demonstrated LEAN application, demonstrates insight and thought leadership to reduce or eliminate complexities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
• Property/casualty insurance or financial services experience desired.