Our Wisconsin client has an immediate contract opening for a Microsoft Exchange Engineer.
- Provides ownership and technical leadership for major client related computing platforms including messaging, client OS, applications, hardware, client virtualization, audio/video/web conferencing, mobile device management, and security applications.
- Client Systems Engineering is comprised of 3 sub-teams, including Client Engineering (back office), Productivity (front office), and Operations that work collectively as top tier support for a global office and manufacturing environment.
- In synchronization with leadership, the Principal Engineer will manage a global Microsoft Exchange and Skype for
Business environment utilizing relevant enterprise class management tools.
- The position will be responsible for the research, evaluation, and design of new enterprise technologies, processes or upgrades, developing and enforcing configuration standards maintenance and support practices.
- This role is expected to act independently and solve more complex problems within the team.
- The Principal Engineer is expected to be a subject matter expert in multiple client systems and identify and remediate when established procedures are not working or there are gaps in processes and make recommendations for improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversight of a global Exchange environment utilizing relevant enterprise class management tools.
- Responsible for handling technical escalations, provide timely resolution of problems and engage management staff as
- Serve as a resource and contribute to large-scale projects as well as lead limited-scope projects.
- Provide technical knowledge and work breakdown planning expertise to client systems projects.
- Provide technical leadership in the design of medium to complex client-based solutions.
- Lead solution Request for Proposal Information development activities that span multiple segments.
- Responsible for training and mentoring fellow team members in area of expertise.
- Maintain strong relationships with distributed support groups and coordinating support efforts enterprise-wide.