Digital/Web Solutions Architect-5594
The Digital Solution Architect will drive thought leadership and technical expertise into the innovation, design, delivery and support of industry leading digital solutions. A strong functional and technical background/experience is required to provide direction, mentorship and guidance to the team’s efforts to specify, improve and implement the look, feel and function of digital (e.g. web, mobile) projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- .Net – ASP.net and C#
- HTML and CSS
- MS SQL Server
- Web Services/ESB/Integration technologies (SOAP,REST based services)
- Mobile development (iOS/Android, Xamarin)
This person will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to identify, prioritize and design analytics into digital solutions enable a deep understanding of customer behavior.
- Leads and/or provides critical consult to technical solution design and delivery teams internally and externally across disciplines and business areas on major projects, programs and First-of-a-Kind (FOAK) initiatives, enabling end-to-end solutions that may encompass digital, backend systems and reporting and analytics.
- Engages others throughout solution delivery to provide architectural guidance, understand and plan for infrastructural impacts, plan for and validate functional and non-functional requirements, ensure compliance with secure development standards and negotiate security trade-offs, and provide technical mentoring on coding techniques, methods and standards.
- Leads the development of standards for software design and development, processes and procedures.
- Supports co-workers cross-functionally with resolving Help Desk concerns, on-call rotation for covering application systems, and other work as requested.
- Develops strategic level relationships within industry, stays abreast of industry trends and technology direction through industry certifications and education, technology forums and user groups, and uses that knowledge to refine digital application architecture as needed.
- Takes advantage of and participates in continuing education opportunities to develop technical skills and soft skills of self and fellow team members.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Security concepts affecting systems and application including encryption, hashing, common security vulnerabilities
- Application and service authentication and authorization techniques and their drawbacks
- Solution architecture for cloud-based systems using AWS, Azure, or VMware
- UI Design patterns (MVC,MVVM)
- Metrics, analytic platforms, and models related to marketing and customer experience
- Full development lifecycle knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Content Management systems
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year College or university or equivalent experience, 7+ years’ experience in application development, and 5+ years in digital/web architecture experience. Property/casualty insurance or financial services experience beneficial.