Beacon Technologies is looking to hire a Digital Copywriter for a client located in Milwaukee, WI.
Role: This is a writing position for the Digital Experience content team. The position is responsible for creating and managing all content on clients websites. Note: Must have a portfolio or writing sample to be considered.
- Develops content and/or translates provided content/messages into compelling, concise, targeted and easy to understand original copy that is appropriate for the audience and communication vehicle digital media and other marketing communication materials for promotional and educational applications.
- Ensures copy tone and styles are consistent with visual tone, style and brand guidelines and serves as a proofreader for own work and the work of other copywriters.
- Assists Senior Copywriter in providing project management, collaborating with internal partners and other Communications team members, to successfully complete writing projects.
- Maintains and builds the company brand including enforcing compliance with visual identity and AP style guidelines.
- Provides a high level of service, maintaining effective relationships with internal partners.
- Responds to questions and requests regarding writing projects, issues and status.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in communications and creative writing for diverse audiences, as part of a corporate marketing team, advertising agency or corporate communications team. (Copywriter or Content Producer)
- Digital experience is required. Other mediums are a plus.
- Short and long format
- Editing and proofreading experience
- Expert understanding of websites writing (excluding blog writing)
- B2B or B2C website content creation
- Must have worked in a CMS
- Solid understanding Search Engine Optimization
- Must have experience working with a digital content strategy
- Understanding the importance of style guides
- Voice and tone
- Personality traits
- Editorial Guidelines
- Must have performed content audits (inventory and audit)
Knowledge and Skill Required
- Skilled in project organization and superior attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ability to collaborate and concept within a team setting
- Ability to comprehend, create and adhere to clear brand specific guidelines.
- Understanding defined personas and target audience and able to write compelling, concise, targeted, easy to understand copy based on audience