Desktop Windows 7 Administrator-5784
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Desktop Windows 7 Admin for a client in Milwaukee, WI.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the various duties of the Generation IT Support Specialists, including:
- Provide 1st level response for incoming requests and trouble tickets on a rotational basis with other team members.
- Manually install software and fully document the install process on replacement PCs both remotely and locally at a PC/Desktop or mobile computing device
- Assist the Support Specialists in project tasks as assigned.
- Work with teammates and clients remotely to troubleshoot and resolve issues with PCs and software
- Stage and make ready laptop & desktops for field deployments
- Check out/in software from library and record all installations through established process
- Create/update software records in Remedy and through paper process
- Track computer assets and update records accurately in a timely manner
- Investigate and resolve records with missing or incorrect data
- Provide updates to the IT-Generation Team on teachable incidents and current work initiatives
Required Qualifications and Education Experience
- Experience with installing and troubleshooting legacy (XP/DOS) applications installed in Windows 7
- 5 years of relevant work experience with significant personal experience in field IT
- In depth knowledge of Windows 7 OS troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve communication issues between software and devices connected to the PC via USB, RS-232, Ethernet, or a proprietary connector.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems or develop alternative solutions in a timely manner
- Ability to accurately log incident tickets in Remedy ITSM software
- Ability to lift 50 Lbs.
- Proper and correct tracking of PCs and Software installs in asset management tool
- Able to multi-task, independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must work well in group situations, make good sound decisions, and accurately follow instructions
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite