Desktop Support 3-13995
This position provides 2nd level technical assistance in support and preparation of desktop supported
applications and hardware. The Desktop Support consultant requires extensive knowledge and experience with desktop technology including, but not limited to, Windows desktop operating systems, desktop applications, MacBook Pros, multi-function devices (print/fax /copier/scanner), and wireless devices such as Android smartphones, Apple iPads, and MiFi wireless hotspots.
- This position receives escalated level support issues from an internal Service Desk.
- The incumbent shall have 3 or more years of experience in a Desktop Support position and be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Desktop Support.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Expected to independently perform a variety of desktop related tasks and serve as a desktop expert on day-to-day end user issues.
- A wide degree of self-direction, prioritization, and latitude is expected.
- On call/stand-by hours will be required with this position.
- An in-person interview will be required before a final selection is made.