Database Administrator I/II- 6326
The Database Administrator I/II provides for and supports, the development, analysis, implementation, and security of all the company’s overall data for corporate and affiliated distributors, along with responsibility of Disaster Recovery initiatives.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and project initiatives.
- Manage, monitor, and maintain company databases and is responsible for ensuring high availability of the data.
- Responsible for designing, building, and implementing complex relational databases, integrations between systems, and reports.
- A strong presence with internal customers and working with the Information Technology staff to obtain the business requirements, outline data solutions and implement.
- Develop strategies for data recovery, and implementation of a database on an enterprise level.
- Proven experience with analysis, design, development, and maintenance of enterprise-level data systems in MS SQL Server and/or DB2 and/or Oracle is essential.
- Mentor junior staff as appropriate.
Strategy & Planning
- Assess and develop long-term strategic goals for production databases in conjunction with data owners and department managers.
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assist in budgeting process
- Act as a technical mentor and advisor within IT
- Analyze, plan, and implement automated systems to solve complex business opportunities.
- Act as a Project Manager to execute all projects in their respective area.
- Write test plans and oversee acceptance testing.
- Write detailed functional design documents.
- Provide escalation support from other IT team members.
- Ensure that system functional documentation remains current, including system specification documents and flowcharts.
- Develop integrations, maintenance, data integrity and performance by utilizing T-SQL, SSIS, .NET and PowerShell.
- Monitor and analyze database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and recommend, plan, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
- Monitor, optimize, and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
- Coordinates and works with appropriate IT staff, focusing on data storage and performance considerations for applications systems being developed or purchased.
- Analyze organizational data requirements and create logical and physical data flow models. Performs physical database design, works with developers, systems administrators and works with a data dictionary to ensure data integrity and security.
- Creates physical database tables, indexes, triggers, views, and linked servers. Administers and controls an organization’s data resources, including multiple relational databases and servers.
- Recovers corrupted data and eliminates data redundancy.
- Implements Data Loss Prevention strategies and plans
- Implements and maintains Disaster Recovery Efforts
- Implements Highly Available database solutions
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or IT related Degree
- Three plus years of progressively responsible development experience
- Three plus years demonstrated experience with Database Development and Administration
- Three plus years of SQL programming experience
- Two plus years demonstrated experience designing, implementing, and maintaining Database solutions
- Familiar with reports using SSRS, SSMS, and relational data stores.
- Strong understanding of SDLC (system development life cycle) & Agile/Scrum
- Mastery of T-SQL.
- Experience with data modeling tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with the following SQL server technologies: Replication, MDS, DQS, Filestream, Clustering, Always on High Availability, Policy Management.
- Familiarity with enterprise technologies outside of SQL Server including but not limited to: Networking, Server hardware, Operating system internals, Shell Programming, .NET framework.
- Hands on experience with major enterprise database programs such as SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2.
- Data modeling OO technology