Database Administrator 3-11342
We are looking for a Database Administrator with 8 or more years of experience, that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, independently performs a variety of complicated tasks, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- This position will design, modify, develop, test, write and implement the analytical file components for further analysis.
- Applies knowledge of data base management systems to analyses data quality, analyses current data base environment (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method) and reviews the data usage and business requirements to recommend and design a database model.
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Answers user questions.
- Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems.
- May train users.