Database Administrator 3-11302
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Database Admin with experience in Oracle, ETL Informatica, SQL Server 2008,2012, DBS, IMS DBMS, and performance tuning monitoring.
- Coordinates physical changes to computer databases; codes, tests, and implements physical database, applying knowledge of data base management system.
- Designs logical and physical databases reviews description of changes to database design to understand how changes to be made affect physical data base (how data is stored in terms of physical characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method).
- Establishes physical database parameters.
- Codes database descriptions and specifies identifiers of database to database management system or directs others in coding database descriptions.
- Calculates optimum values for database parameters, such as amount of computer memory to be used by database, following manuals and using calculator.
- Specifies user access level for each segment of one or more data items, such as insert, replace, retrieve, or delete data.
- Specifies which users can access data bases and what data can be accessed by user.
- Tests and corrects errors, and refines changes to database.
- Enters codes to create production data base.
- Selects and enters codes of utility program to monitor database performance, such as distribution of records and amount of available memory.
- Directs programmers and analysts to make changes to data base management system.
- Reviews and corrects programs.
- Answers user questions.
- Confers with coworkers to determine impact of data base changes on other systems and staff cost for making changes to data base.
- Modifies data base programs to increase processing performance, referred to as performance tuning.
- Workers typically specialize in one or more types of data base management systems.
- May train users.
- Database Administrator capabilities with 8 or more years of experience.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Independently performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.