The SQL DBA will work daily to provide technical support for an Enterprise SQL environment to:
- Respond to alerts regarding system availability and performance
- Work the support request ticket queue
- Execute Change Requests per established procedures.
- Assist in business continuity planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery (DR) activities as necessary.
- Recommend options or technical solutions to identified problems.
- Perform analysis and submit recommendations to optimize database configurations for efficient resource use.
- Manage system and user access, to safeguard data and be compliant with IT Security policies.
- Current environment includes SQL server versions 2008 R2 through 2017, Always On replication, and cluster host infrastructure on VMware.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL Server in an administrator role, accomplishments in problem resolution, software patching responsibility, data backup/restore/recovery operations
- Able to work independently to perform a variety of complicated tasks.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills are essential to be comfortable interacting with business customers in a professional and customer service-oriented manner.