Data Warehouse Developer-05
Beacon Technologies is recruiting for a Data Warehouse Developer whose main skill set includes SQL queries and reports, ETL, MS SQL Server, T-SQL, P/L SQL, data conversions, system interfaces and electronic data interface experience.
- Candidate should have solid analyst skills, have worked on transactional systems. ETL is going into a transactional database, not just outbound to other systems / database / datawarehouses.
- Need/nice to have Web Services experience, system integration testing, data, BI and strong SQL.
- The primary responsibility of the SQL Developer is to develop database solutions to support client needs. These solutions may be part of a data warehouse or transactional system.
- The Developer will work as part of a working team to design, implement, and deploy systems to client environments, both on premise and cloud based.
- To perform these duties requires a deep understanding of SQL and database structures.
- Knowledge of ETL, dimensional modeling, business intelligence concepts, and web services are also fundamental to success in this position.
REPRESENTATIVE MAJOR ACTIVITIES
- Analyze business systems databases and data components to derive mappings to desired business metrics.
- Extract and integrate data from business systems into data warehouses.
- Develop effective data presentation (i.e. reports, dashboards) to support client needs.
- Create quality assurance plans and perform unit, integration and regression testing. Document test results.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete application, database, or report development requests.
- Ensure prompt and courteous feedback to requestors of business data analysis services.
- Participate in professional development activities to master and keep current with technology and trends in relevant technical areas.
- Participate in staff meetings, establish/maintain interdepartmental communication and undertake special projects as assigned by management.
- Perform related work as required.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY/SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related field.
- 2+ years of experience writing SQL queries and reports.
- Experience using MS SQL Server, T-SQL, or P/L SQL.
- Experience creating and working with data warehouses, dashboard reports and drill-down data presentation is a plus.
- Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS is a plus.
- Experience with web services and XML technology is a plus.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.