Data Quality Consultant-7397714
Beacon Technologies is currently recruiting for a Data Quality Consultant that has the ability to navigate complex customer data sources.
- This position is responsible for the capture and usability of key customer data for consumption by multiple strategic initiatives within the company.
- This role consults with customer CIO, IT or system business management teams to translate company data requirements and match metadata relationships to insure data hygiene is achieved.
- This involves detailed knowledge of customer internal and 3rd party vendor data sources.
- This includes working with all levels of the customer organization and leveraging relationship management skills to influence action on part of the customer.
- This position is also responsible to assist customers in the submission of data through secured file transfer methods and apply adherence to corporate data architecture standards.
- Analyst – helps implement solutions by reviewing data, determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators, and partners.
- They assist with the business case, organizing requirements, translating, and simplifying requirements and requirements analysis.
- Analysts may also use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects.
- Manage and support data gathering requests which require complex company data requirements gathering, along with translation and interpretation of customer source systems.
- Explore ways to satisfy requests in a logical and repeatable manner.
- Manage data submissions (e.g. hygiene, match, and data governance), research causes of data errors and provide recommended solutions to customers.
- Responsible for knowing, interpreting, and applying business rules to ensure a high level of data integrity and consistency.
- Proactively engage and consult with team members regarding new data information, business rule and analytic need changes, as well as opportunities/enhancements to improve the effectiveness of our existing customer data capture
- Identify process improvements to enhance the customer experience; participate in project teams to implement solutions effectively and efficiently.
- May provide guidance and leadership to other employees performing Data Quality Consultant functions
- BS degree in Business, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or related field or equivalent trade off with professional work experience, preferably in the financial services industry.
- Engineering Degree or demonstrated equivalent experience is highly recommended
- 6-8 years of work experience with product and operational knowledge of financial institutions. For example, lending practices, lending insurance support operations, loan origination systems, electronic data systems/providers and other operational process areas.
- Demonstrated effective analytical, problem solving, planning, prioritization and organizational skills shown in previous work assignments.
- Ability to clearly navigate complex customer data sources to retrieve relevant business information.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of customer key data across multiple data domains or business unit.
- Expert knowledge on multiple source systems and the data they generate
- Ability to make rapid changes to processes, service and position as needed.
- Ability to focus on mission-critical essential functions of the job and organize work in an efficient manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build business relationships with internal and external customers and excel in a team-oriented environment. This must include strong influencing, persuasion, relationship building and conflict resolution skills.
- Provide superior customer services and demonstrate a genuine concern for client issues and their timely resolution
- Evidence of successful ability to work with minimal supervision, to establish and meet goals and objectives, and to place priorities on work to be completed and to execute those tasks in a timely fashion.
- Effectively document problems, troubleshooting steps, and resolution of issues in real time as they are addressed.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) up and down organizational structure regarding data requirement needs and gathering approaches.
- Effectively communicate moderately advanced technical information to non-technical internal and client staff members.
- Effectively communicate with 3rd party technical support personnel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project. Candidates demonstrating a detailed knowledge of the following technologies will be given special consideration:
- Loan and deposit credit union and/or bank core processing software environments (e.g. Symitar, FISERV)
- Data mapping tools and experience
- Knowledgeable in the areas of Data requirements, Data specifications, Data extraction, Adeptia software or other similar technologies
- Candidates with a strong drive to improve oneself and demonstrated ability independently obtain additional certifications will be given special consideration
- Ability to travel from 25 to 35% depending on business need