The Data Engineer will provide technical expertise, perform data analysis, and be an expert of the data generated by business systems and used to drive decisions. They will build meaningful, effective, and perform data visualizations and reports, serve as a point of contact for production support and issue resolution, and analyze, troubleshoot and tune performance.
- Provide expertise in data analysis, management, and visualizations.
- Expand and improve existing Tableau dashboards and reports; create new ones.
- Debug data issues in dashboards, reports, data warehouses, operational data stores, and other disparate data sources.
- Share knowledge of advanced Tableau features like data blending, parameters, and calculated fields.
- Improve monitoring, automated testing, and deployments.
- Be a resource for providing insight, recommendations, and assistance with technical and non-technical questions.
- Monitor and recommend enhancements to the technical architecture to keep pace with changing business demands and scale.
- Stay informed of technology industry trends and solutions with ability to analyze for possible application in our environment.
- Promote the role and capabilities of IT to enhance the professional development of all staff through example, recommendation, and accommodation.
- Three years of experience designing and developing reports and dashboards using a reporting tool, preferably Tableau
- Five years or greater of experience developing BI reports preferably in a data warehouse environment
- Experience working with SQL for data exploration, debugging, and performant data access
- Ability to query disparate data sources, including relational structures, OLTP systems, and dimensional data models
- Experience creating data visualizations, designing and developing dashboards
- Experience developing BI reports, preferably in a data warehouse environment
- Ability to translate business requirements to technical specifications
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information or unexpected circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to operate in a cross cultural and complex matrix environment, and ability to build consensus across functions
- Developing dashboards and reports on data from sales, call center, and custom software applications
- Tableau, ideally including performance optimization
- Microsoft EDW/BI/OLAP technologies: SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS